Saturday, November 16, 2013

Welcome baby card

While playing around with the stamps from the Stampendous Baby Invite set, I noticed that a lot of the little objects fit perfectly in a 1.5" circle. So, I stamped some baby clothing and colored it in with my watercolor pencils and a water brush.

I tried to keep the card gender-neutral, so I choose a dotted brown background pattern paper, and a green washi dot tape (on the right). I added the light green ribbon at the last minute, and I'm actually really glad I did, because it is probably the best bow I have ever tied.

The pennants are from Ki Memories 6x6 birthday pattern paper. I'm not sure whether you can buy Ki Memories paper pads anywhere online, but I found a whole bunch of them at my local Walmart. They are heavy cardstock, and I think I have 8 or 9 different pads right now. I like the patterns and colors in quite a few of them, and they're double-sided. Plus, they're cheaper than the paper pads I've bought online and at Michael's, so I feel more comfortable experimenting different things when I use them.

Sweet little one was hand-written with a white gel pen. The pen I use is a Sakura Gelly Roll pen that I bought at Michael's. I actually wasn't sure what kind of white pen to get, so I bought it along with some opaque white markers. The gel pen works great, the markers just get soaked into the paper and don't actually appear white.

I got a whole bunch of new stamps on Friday, so expect a lot more cards from me soon! I'll mainly be focusing on holiday cards, as I have to make them for several family members as well as a gift I want to send to my sister-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment