Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Super Duper



Simon Says Stamp Flickr group is having another challenge: Sparkle! And I knew I wanted to play along.





I was really excited. I already picked out the super cute stamp set I wanted to use (Mama Elephant's Tiny Heroes) and Simon's Mini Stars dies, along with some great patterned paper. I found the perfect paper in Studio Calico's Brighton Pier 6x6 paper pad.

I stamped out the cute superhero girl and superhero kitten onto some Copic Marker paper and colored them in quickly with my Copics. I then cut out the girl with a pair of sharp scissors. I grabbed my Bigshot and die-cut a pinked circle around the kitty. I also cut a larger pinked circle out of some orange cardstock. While I had my Bigshot out, I also cut out a few black stars using Simon's Mini Stars dies.

I cut a piece of white card-stock to measure 4 by 5½". I adhered a strip of patterned  paper toward the top of the panel. Then I added in the girl and the kitten, using foam squares. The girl wasn't standing out from the orange circle too well, so I hand-drew a line around her with a white gel pen. I stamped the greeting at the bottom in black ink.

I created a standard A2 card base (4¼ by 5½") from Smoke cardstock. I adhered the front panel, then added in the black stars.

Lastly, the sparkle... I looked throughout my stash to find just the perfect sparkly bit, and that turned out to be the Moonshine sequins from Simon Says Stamp. These are the most sparkly and light-catching sequins that I own, and each pack comes with a variety of sizes. I scattered a few sequins around the card.

I added just a bit of extra sparkle with my Wink of Stella, but it didn't show in the picture (unfortunately). But between that and the super sparkly sequins, this card just shines! :)

Supplies:
Mama Elephant - Tiny Heroes stamp
Simon Says Stamp - Mini Stars dies
Avery Elle - Pinked dies
Simon Says Stamp heavyweight card-stock - Smoke
Studio Calico - Brighton Pier 6x6 patterned paper
Simon Says Stamp - Moonshine Sequins
Neenah Solar White in #110lbs
Copics
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel Pen
Ranger Studio Multi-Matte adhesive
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink - Black Licoroce
scraps of orange and black card-stock
Zig Wink of Stella - Clear

No comments:

Post a Comment