Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Spooky Cute Winnie



Thank you for joining us on our LDRS Creative inspiration week blog hop! We are showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from our new release. You can even see them in action with step-by-step projects by our amazing designers on their blogs and our own LDRS Creative Youtube channel (make sure you subscribe)! 
We have TWO new designer paperpads bursting of colours, with awesome patterns all ready for your projects called Happy Fall and Wicked, with a perfectly coordinated Wicked cardstock pack! There are EIGHT stamp sets that are simply fabulous: Winds are BlowingHappy Fall stamps, Happy Fall sentiments, Winnie Broomstick, Winnie Dracula, Winnie Magic, Fall Full O Leaves and The Magic of Fall sentiments! But wait, there is something brand NEW in the store, stencils! We have leaves and plaid patterns just in time to use with the NEW mini ink cube sets (Cobblestone and Jewelry Beads)! We also have new die sets that can be used as accessories or full backgrounds:  Spooky Hat, Punkin, Wicked Boot, Apple A Day and Autumn Breeze Peek-A-Boo. And for the first time at LDRS Creative, you can grab them in bundles, because you KNOW you need them all!

Simply use the list at the end of the post to keep hopping!
Each day we are giving away a $50 LDRS Creative gift card to one lucky hopper! To enter leave a comment on each blog in the hop, plus follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Winners will be announced on the LDRS Creative inspiration blog on September 4th.
AND for the release event we are excited to offer some great savings!
Save 15% on the new release* and use code HAPPYFALL
(*Coupon valid until midnight EST 9/3/18)

My project for today features the adorable Winnie the witch, along with a fun witch's hat die.

I started by stamping Winnie from the Winnie Broomstick stamp set in Coffee Bean hybrid ink from the new Cobblestone mini inkpad collection. Stamping in brown gives the image a softer, more subtle look that always feels ideal for the fall. The mini cubes in the Cobblestone set are fantastic neutrals and definitely must-haves for your ink collection! They are super juicy and they work perfectly with alcohol markers, colored pencils and watercolor. I love having one inkpad for all the coloring mediums I own, and Cobblestone set really fits the bill there.

After I finished coloring Winnie, I got to work on my background. I chose a really fun spider pattern from the Wicked paper pack, along with a striped purple paper for my witch's hat. Wicked features a slightly distressed style that looks like it has a lot of texture, so it's perfect for both modern and vintage looks.

I used the Spooky Hat die for the hat, using the patterned paper, black cardstock and a piece of shiny mirror cardstock to make my centerpiece panel and sentiment. I added it to the card base with some foam tape and adhered Winnie over the top.

With so much fun texture already on the card, I didn't add any other embellishments.


Hop along and leave a comment so you could win!
Day 1:

And make sure to be back tomorrow for more inspiration!

23 comments:

  1. I'm loving this fall and Halloween release. All the inspiration projects are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card-the colors and coloring are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! I love Winnie in her costume and the witch hat die cut for your background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love that big witches hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you used the die with Winnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! I love her - she's such a doll! And I love the big hat, too. Love the new paper pads for Fall and Halloween as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This release is so nice. I love your broomstick Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I have fallen in love with this fall release!! Just keeps getting cuter and cuter down the hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the Winnie witches. This card is very cute with the spider paper background & the large witch's hat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little Winnie Witch! I love the big witch hat in the background very cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card! Adorable and gorgeous. Love the patterned paper, witches hat and of course the sweet Winnie Witch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the darling
    witch and cute
    card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you did the big witch hat as the background! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! Broomstick Winnie is my favorite from this release! Such a fun creation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this is my favorite love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Winnie . this is an awesome card thank you for sharing with us . so spooktacula haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great combo of papers paired with cute Winnie. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete