Monday, August 3, 2015

Geeky Tobie


 Today's card features a brand new digital stamp from Some Odd Girl -- Geeky Tobie! Tobie looks really smart and studious in this stamp, which is great for all those school projects. From cards to notebook decorations, I can see Tobie's smiling self fitting in just perfectly.

For my project, I chose to go with a card - something that I can give to a teacher once school starts.

I started by printing out and coloring Tobie with my Copics. I carefully cut him out with scissors, leaving a small white border.

Then I dug into my school-themed papers (I have a ton!) and pulled a couple of fun papers. Since Tobie's got a calculator, I used a bright number paper as my backdrop. Then I die-cut a composition notebook cover paper into a banner shape and trimmed it down to size.

I adhered the papers to a medium gray card base (top-folding A2 size - 4¼x5½"), then added Tobie with foam squares. As both papers are quite busy and vibrant, I chose to minimize embellishments and added just a few enamel dots near Tobie.

Since this card was going to a teacher, I chose to leave the sentiment out. Instead, I added a chipboard button with "A+" on it. This way, the teacher can use it for a variety of occasions and write a fun personalized message inside.

Head over to Some Odd Girl blog to see what the other designers created with Tobie. Their projects are awesome and super inspiring!

~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Any teacher would love to receive this card! Tobie is coloured so well (as usual!) and I love how you used the gorgeous number patterned paper to tie in with the calculator. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I've been really enjoying using up my patterned paper lately, I think. I finally got over my whole "it's so pretty, I must hoard it!" mentality and am making use of paper I like. I love that it makes the cards that much better.

      Delete