Friday, June 26, 2015

SB- Follow Your Dreams

Today's card features another Tiny Townies stamp set from Stamping Bella -- Dorothy the Dreamer. Out of all the stamps I got from this line, Dorothy is the one that echoed with me the most. The minute I saw it, I felt that happy feeling. This is how the universe ought to be, with an abundance of book universes we can get lost in, and a dreamy and clever companion to help us navigate it.

I wanted my card to reflect this feeling that seems so simple, yet is impossible to put into words. I stamped out Dorothy in brown hybrid ink and colored her with Copics. I did a bit of messy coloring on her puffy skirt, tying for a loose coloring method I've seen a couple of crafters use with Stamping Bella stamps. I don't know that I was very successful, but I left it as it was. When I was done, I carefully cut the image out, leaving a small white border.

I wanted the image to stand out, so I chose two patterned papers with simple and neutral colors. Going too bright or complicated with the background wold have taken away from the image, so I went with more subdued tones. I layered the two papers together, going for a slightly different layout, then adhered everything onto a white A2 card base (4¼x5½").

For the sentiment, I used Clearly Besotted's Say It In Style stamp set. It had a lovely dream sentiment that seemed just perfect for the card. I stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock, which I cut at an angle and added to the card with foam squares.

I wanted some embellishments on the card, so I adhered 3 wood veneer stars and 3 purple enamel dots.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that popped into my head was that the stamped image looked like a die cut. Now that is meant to be a compliment because what I am trying to say, in a very clumsy manner, is that it looks so professional. I love that design too. I need to start sketching out your card designs. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I don't mind fussy-cutting like that. Sometimes it's even faster and easier than trying to line up a die XD.

      So glad you like this card! Feel free to sketch away with any of my designs. I just make them so randomly that it would be so interesting to see someone take a more structured and planned-out approach. :D

      Delete