Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Level Up!



Today's card features a really fun stamp set and die set from My Favorite Things. Game Controller die comes with two controller dies and all the buttons you can customize. It's great for both masculine cards and cards for any gamer in your life. Level Up stamp set is the perfect stamp companion as it features fun and unique sentiments.

I have used this stamp and die set for masculine birthday cards twice already, and I can really see myself using them even more. My favorite part about the die is that it's easy to change out and customize colors. In the card I'm sharing today, for example, I used black for the base and pulled a couple of extra colors from the patterned paper I was using. This created a fun contrast that really makes the card pop.

I kept this card really simple and embellishment-free. I also hand-drew the little twirly cord leading to the controller - just to ground it a bit.

Since I really like how this turned out, I'm going to enter it in the MFT Superstar contest.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

P.S. This fits OHC theme 24 - Playful.

18 comments:

  1. Love this card, Elle! What a great idea for a masculine card too. They are my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! Or maybe I just don't have enough masculine supplies...... hrmmmmmm... Maybe I need a crafty shopping spree. XD

      Delete
  2. I just adore this card! One of my very favorites from the contest!

    Susan R. Opel
    Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan! You are too kind.

      It was a fantastic challenge. I'm so glad I took part in it. :)

      Delete