Friday, September 25, 2015

BB- You're the Coolest



It was the first day of fall on September 23rd, but I think someone forgot to tell the weather, because we're still seeing high temperatures and not a wink of gold or red in the leaves. Since Nature herself is slow to welcome autumn, I figured I could get away with one more summer card, myself.

Today's card is using Birdie Brown's Penguins in Paradise stamp set. I love both the images and the sentiments in this set, so I'll definitely be making good use of it. And even though the set is summery in nature, a lot of the sentiments will be perfect for my winter cards, too.

For the rest of the elements on my card, I used a piece of watercolored patterned paper I've had in my stash for ages. I think it came from a card kit at some point, and I've been meaning to use it forever. I paired it with some white cardstock that was die-cut with a stitched circle die, as well as an aqua-colored doily.

To tie in the colors a little more, I sprinkled on some white enamel dots, white sequins and green liquid pearls. I'm still trying to master liquid pearls. I love them in theory, but in practice, they turn out a bit wonky...

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. LOVE BB stamps! And you work with them so beautifully. I think a summer themed card never goes out of season. They brighten up any day. I think I realllllly want this stamp set too. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one fab set! I've seen a couple of cards mix it up and use it as winter cards, too, so it's very versatile. Definitely one to get when you have a chance.

      Delete