Thursday, August 6, 2015

TGF-Willow


 Today's card is a simple card using one of the The Greeting Farm's secret stamp club stamps -- Willow. Willow is another cute girl from the charming witch school line. I'm getting to have quite a collection of these!

I stamped Willow in black hybrid ink onto some marker paper, then colored her in with Copics. I kept the coloring really simple and mono-chromatic. I went for a more natural hair color (black) with a rebellious purple streak and teal for her uniform. Once she was done, I carefully cut her out with a pair of scissors, leaving a small white border.

I wanted to echo the colors of her outfit, so I chose a starry patterned paper that matched it. I die-cut it with a stitched rectangle die. Then I grabbed a neutral polka-dot paper and die-cut the same rectangle. I used a stitched scallop border die to trip the star paper and then I adhered the two together. This gave a bit of extra contrast I felt the card needed.

I adhered the paper to a white top-folding A2 white card (4¼x5½") using foam squares. I added Willow (also on foam squares). For the sentiment, I used a cute sticker I found in my stash and a few purple enamel dots.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Her hair is FABULOUS! Love how you coloured it. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love playing around with hair. It's been really fun to color lately. :D

      Delete