Wednesday, July 12, 2017

AE: Christmas Joy

Yes, it's July and I've already got Christmas on my mind... But in my defense, when you're making hand-made gifts and cards, you really need to start working early. I'm still pinning down exactly what artful and crafty things I want to make this year, so I thought a wintry card might get me in the Christmas mood.

I just adore the cat from Avery Elle's Dear Santa stamp set! She has a lovely retro kind of feel, while still looking perfectly elegant and serene. She reminds me of Aristocats - one of my favorite childhood movies. So, it's a perfect mix of nostalgic and warm fuzzy feelings.

I paired the cat with some bits and bobs of paper from my stash. Blues went great with silver and gray, so that's the color scheme I chose.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. I've started thinking about Christmas cards too...although, at this stage, I'm still thinking. You are amazing to have started and the end result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on the fence about what I want to do, too. I've done individually-tailored cards over the past years, but I think I might go simpler this year - since I'm working on some home-made gifts, too. I know it's only July, but time creeps up on us really quickly!

      Delete