Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stork and Stars


Although Lawn Fawn's Plus One is an older baby-themed set, a set of its matching dies was made available during the newest Lawn Fawn release.

For this card, I wanted to create a water-colored sky background. I started by cutting a piece of watercolor paper to measure 3 1/2 by 5 inches. Working on my craft sheet, I used distress ink pads and water to create a blended blue and purple background. If you're not familiar with this technique, check out this video by Kristina Werner.

After drying the watercolor paper with my heat gun, I adhered it to a piece of 110lb white cardstock (using lots of adhesive!). Watercolor paper has a tendency to warp or curl up when wet, so adhering it to a thick stiff base will help it stay flatter. I die-cut several stars from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka petite 6x6 paper pad, using Simon Says Stamp mini stars craft die. I adhered them to the card with some liquid glue.

I stamped and die-cut the stork from white cardstock and colored him in using my Copics. I adhered him to the card using foam squares, and stamped a very simple greeting underneath him.

Lastly, I adhered the panel to the card base.

Supplies:
Stamp: Lawn Fawn Plus One
Dies: Lawn Fawn Plus One, Simon Says Stamp mini stars craft die
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka Petite, Neenah Solar White 110lb (panel)
Base: Neenah Desert Storm 100lb
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in black licorice, Ranger Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves and Faded Jeans
Copics: B00, Y21, Y35, E23, YR12, YR15
Tombow Mono multi liquid glue
Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment