Friday, July 4, 2014

SOG- Milk & Cookies


When Some Odd Girl launched Cookies n Milk clear set, I knew it was something I had to have. My big gift to family for Christmas each year is home-baked cookies and what better way to decorate the bags and boxes than with a smiling cookie?!?

But the milk and cookie look so adorable, I just had to make a card that features them.

I stamped out the milk and the cookie on some Copic marker paper, and colored them in with my Copics. I used a rather large number of markers for the cookie, because I wanted to get the color just right - and my early attempt looked a bit too much like skin (which was creepy).

Just look at the number of browns and yellows in there!

After coloring them, I carefully cut them out and got to work on the rest of the card.

Using Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies, I cut a scalloped rectangle from Doodlebug sprinkles vellum and a stitched smaller rectangle out of patterned paper. I adhered them to my base, then added the cookie and milk with foam squares.

For the sentiment, I went really simple and stamped "We go together". I cut it down to a rectangle, then made an angled cut at the right edge for some interest.

Lastly, I sprinkled a few Sweetheart sequins around the card.

Supplies:
Stamp: Some Odd Girl Cookies n Milk
Ink: MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Mama Elephant Femme Frames die
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White 110lbs
Paper: Doodlebug Sprinkles Vellum in Peacock, Project Life: Honey patterned paper
Copics
Pretty Pink Posh Sweetheart Sequins
Best Creation foam squares (large)

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Love that you can use these stamps at Christmas too with your gift. Makes it super-versatile. The creepy skin comment made me laugh. A very happy card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad it made you laugh. It was a bit strange, I admit, especially since the cookie has eyes and a mouth. I'm very glad I got the stamp. It definitely works on a card, and it will make a great Christmas decoration. :D

      Delete