Monday, November 24, 2014

Birdie Brown - Cool Day



Today's card features some Copics and a wonderful new stamp set by Birdie Brown called Cool Day. As some of you know, I love seeing Torico's work, and I've bought pretty much every stamp set that MFT has released in the Birdie Brown line. Cool Day is no exception! It's a very fun set with adorable illustrations, and I just had to make a card with it.

I started by stamping the ice-bank and the bear. I tried something a little different and stamped the ice-bank in navy blue, and the bear in chocolate brown. I then colored them in with Copics. I was inspired a lot by this card that Torico shared on the MFT blog during the launch countdown. I loved the idea of a striped sweater and how cozy it looked. Once both were colored in, I got to work on the background.

The sea was colored as my standard water - with some white gel pen to add in extra details. For the top, I just drew in a bunch of circles in varying sizes. I used a light and a medium color and alternated between them. I think it made for a really interesting background.

After the coloring was done, I matted the image with a piece of chocolate brown cardstock. I grabbed one of the teal papers from American Crafts' Holiday 6x6 and die-cut a scalloped border with MFT's Blueprints 14 die and glued it to the left side of the bear panel. While I had my Bigshot out, I also cut a piece of chocolate brown cardstock into a scalloped rectangle and a piece of red patterned paper into a stitched rectangle using Mama Elephant's Femme Frames die.

I adhered all the elements together onto a standard A2 card base made out of speckled cardstock. I used a combination of adhesive and foam tape.

As a last touch, I added 3 sparkly sequins.

Since this fun holiday card fits in with Simon's Work It Wednesday challenge, I'm entering it. :)


Supplies:
MFT Birdie Brown - Cool Day stamp set
MFT Hybrid Ink in Nightshift Blue and Chocolate Brown
Copic Mini Marker pad 70#lbs
Copics (W2, W4, R20, R08, R46, R59, B00, B32, B34, B18, C1, C4, BG11, BG32, BG72, BG49, G24, G67)
American Crafts Holiday 6x6 patterned paper
Stampin' Up Cardstock in Chocolate Chip
Avery Elle Heavyweight cardstock in Speckled
MFT Blueprints 14
Mama Elephant Femme Frames
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear sequins in 4mm and 6mm
Ranger Studio Multi-Matte glue
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)
3M double-sided foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a cute card and his sweater is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like the card. I just adore striped sweaters, and couldn't resist on this adorable bear. :D

      Delete
  2. So fun and festive! The bear is ADORABLE! I'm a sucker for bears of all kinds. The sweater looks great too - well, the whole card looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second I saw those bears, I went straight into "WANT" mode. I'm so glad I got them. They work perfectly for any wintery card, and maybe even a summer card!

      Delete