Thursday, November 6, 2014

Santa's List

This small card was something I created quickly as a template for a possible card set. It features a fantastic Santa stamp from Birdie Brown's Jingle All the Way stamp set. I kept the card simple so it could be easily reproduced.

I started by stamping the Santa from Jingle All the Way onto some Copic marker paper. I colored him in with my Copics, then carefully cut around him.

For the base, I used one of the pre-made card bases from Penny Black's petites pack, which measure 4 3/4 by 3 5/8". This makes them the perfect size to use a 3x4 journaling card with. I grabbed another fun journaling card from Kaisercraft's Peppermint Swirl pack.

I had some copic marker paper left over from the Santa, so I cut them into 2 snowbanks. I colored the in with Copics, and adhered them to the bottom of the card. I added the Santa over it.

For the sentiment, I chose Clearly Besotted's All Occasion Sentiments stamp. I stamped it onto a banner flag I'd previously die-cut. I trimmed it down and adhered it to the card. Since it wasn't standing out quite as well as I wanted it to, I quickly drew a small gray shadow around the edges.

As a last touch, I added a few enamel dots. And voila! Simple card done. :)

Supplies:
My Favorite Things - Birdie Brown Jingle All the Way stamp
Clearly Besotted All Occasion Sentiments stamp
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
My Favorite Things Pierced Fishtail banner STAX
Copic Mini Marker Pad 70lbs
Penny Black Petites in Berrylicious
Kasiercraft Peppermint Swirl 3x4 journaling cards
Tombow Mono Dot Adhesive runner
Studio Calico White and Gray enamel dots
Copics (E00, E11, E13, R20, B000, B00, B32, BG10, C2, C4, BV25, BV29, R08, R46, R59)

4 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love this santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anja! It is a really awesome stamp. I am planning on making a few more cards with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to learn some new words because you must be sick of hearing me say how cute your cards are but they ARE!! I really wish I had purchased the Jingle All the Way set. I talked myself out of it but having seen your card I doubt I could have used it in such a sweet way. Love the use of the journalling cards too. I pulled mine out after you mentioned them last time...and they are still where I left them. lol So want to CASE this design! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jingle All the Way set is so worth it! It's absolutely adorable and so worth the price.

      I'd love to see your use of the journaling cards. I'm going to try and use them quite a bit, as I got a HUGE set of cards as a Christmas gift this year and I don't want it to sit there and gather dust. So, expect to see lots more of them in the future! :D

      Delete