Wednesday, July 1, 2015

OHC 31 - Birthday

Today's card is a simple birthday card featuring Lawn Fawn's Party Animal stamp set. It's also a part of my One Hundred Cards challenge (read about it here), with theme 31 - Birthday. Birthdays and thank-you cards are the cards I make and use the most, so theme 31 is especially useful to me.

Party Animal is one of my favorite stamp sets from Lawn Fawn's new release - and judging by all the lovely cards that feature this set, I'm not the only one that feels this way. This set is filled with little details you can use to create a fun card, so it is definitely worth having.

For my card, I started by die-cutting my front panels, using stitched rectangle dies. I then used the Puffy Clouds Borders die to die cut two cloud shapes at the top. I added a touch of color to the front panel with distress inks (Wild Honey for the bottom and Broken China for the clouds. Then I adhered everything together to a top-folding A2 card base (4¼x5½").

I stamped the two critters, balloon and birds onto some Copic marker paper with brown hybrid ink. I then colored them in with Copics -- I went for warmer colors, echoing the patterned paper and card base. After everything was colored in, I carefully cut them out, leaving a small white border.

I adhered the critters to the card with foam squares.

As a last touch, I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set onto a ½" strip of white cardstock. I trimmed it to size and added it to the card.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

4 comments:

  1. How cute?!!!!!! Birthday cards are my favorite kinds of cards to make! I love this set, but sadly I haven't order it yet. I still have so much sets that haven't saw ink yet and until I ink those up, I will order this set along with a few others that I've fallen in love with. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ka! I love birthday cards, too. What a happy occasion to make something for.

      And it's so smart of you to make sure you're using your stamps! I've been trying to do the same thing, and it's been fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Soo cute! Bright, happy, cheerful, gorgeous, sweet and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was featured in a Lawn Fawn Flickr Friday, and I'm so excited and humbled!

      Delete