Wednesday, June 7, 2017

You Rock! with Mama Elephant

Mama Elephant's Rock and Paws stamp set was one of those sets that I thought was cute, but I passed on it right at release. I already had a couple of band-camp stamps, and I didn't think I needed yet another musical critter group. But the more I saw it pop up, the more I loved it until it finally made it to the top of my wishlist and I'm glad I got it!

My first idea for this set was to pair it with a watercolor background. I chose a bright teal in my PH Martin's Hydrus watercolor set and did an absolutely simple background. I actually used several layers of color, but I think I blended them out a little too much. I added a few splatters once the background was dry.

I colored the critters with very light, pastel colors. I think this helped them pop off the page.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

1 comment:

  1. They definitely pop off the page! Such a vibrant happy card. Love this, Elle!

    ReplyDelete