Friday, July 5, 2019

Thinking of You Bike

It never ceases to amaze me how a choice in font can completely change the design and the feeling of a card. It certainly explains why I have so many stamp sets that all say the same thing (thank you in 54845687545 different fonts) and why it's so hard to decide which stamp to use sometimes.

I found this fancy "thinking of you" on a Hero Arts stamp and I knew I wanted to pair it with this patterned paper and a bicycle, but I went through a dozen options of ink and cardstock colors and bike choices before I settled on what you see. I like how it turned out, simplicity and all, but it sure took a while to get there. Does that happen to anyone else, or is it just me?

Thanks for reading,
~Elle~

1 comment:

  1. I have the same issues on Every. Single. Card. I also have a million stamp sets with sentiments, but never fails, I always wish I had something *just a little bit different* for the card I'm making. Kudos to you for starting with the sentiment instead of like me, saving that for last and finding the perfect font, but its too big. Or finding the perfect size, but the font is all wrong. I've had to settle sometimes for what I have, but I've been known to print my own cause I'm as addicted to computer fonts as I am stamps. LOL

    ReplyDelete