Sunday, April 6, 2014

Glamorous Fairy

For this card, I wanted to create something that was both magical and slightly mysterious.

I started by stamping Some Odd Girl's Fairy Magic in Memento tuxedo black ink. I then colored her in with Copics and added a few highlight spots with a white gel pen. I was experimenting with brighter colors, and I really like how everything turned out.

For the rest of the card, I chose darker papers that would make the fairy pop. I used the two largest Sizzix Fancy Labels frames to create a center panel. The larger frame was cut from the same cardstock as the card base, and the smaller frame was cut from Crate Paper Maggie Holmes paper.

As a final touch, I added a few pearls to two right corners.

Supplies:
Stamp: Fairy Magic by Some Odd Girl
Ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Bazzill in Chocolate
Paper: Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Signature 6x6, My Mind's Eye Come Away With Me 6x6
Copics: Wings (V12, V04, V06), Hair (YR15, YR68, R29, R59), Skin/Make Up (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R22, BG01, BG07, R29), Dress (YG00, YG06, G46)
White Gel Pen
Melissa Frances Pearls in Tan/Brown

9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, Lenny! It's one of my favorite cards this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just magical! Your card is gorgeous ..I love the vivid color and your coloring! :) very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Paola! I had a lot of fun making this card. :)

      Delete
  3. I sometimes think I am saying the same thing over and over but I cannot help it - GORGEOUS! Beautiful colouring! Great design! Magical result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! She was really a big hit with everyone I've shown her to. I just love how she turned out, and I love that my experiment with different background/colors was so successful. :)

      Delete
  4. You are a very talented lady! Look at those wings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marylin! The wings are my favorite part, too. I really love the purple.

      Delete
  5. So pretty! :) Thanks for joining this month's Linky Party at Some Odd Girl!

    hugs,
    Jo:)

    ReplyDelete