Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Love Note

I wanted to try some different embellishments for this card, so I figured I should make use of the cute Maya Road envelopes I bought a few months ago.

I started by coloring the sweet fairy from Some Odd Girl's Pixie Dust stamp set. I wanted to make her look very cheerful, so I chose to go with mainly yellow. Yellow is such a happy color. Her wings are green and blue to add a bit of contrast.

After matting a piece of striped paper to some mint cardstock, I tied hemp cord around the bottom and added a blue button. I glued it to the base with tape runner adhesive.

I stamped a sentiment on a piece of 2x2 white cardstock, and tucked it in the envelope. Then, I attached the fairy to the envelope with a bit of adhesive. Lastly, I put foam squares on the back of the fairy and the envelope and attached it to the card.

Overall, it was a pretty simple card, but I really like how it turned out.

Supplies:
Stamp: Some Odd Girl Pixie Dust (fairy), Some Odd Girl Lovey Tobie (hearts), Some Odd Girl Love Letter Kaylee (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Avery Elle Aquamarine, Avery Elle Cherry
Cardstock: Bazzill Peanut Fudge (base), Simon Says Stamp #100 in Mint
Paper: Heidi Swapp Serendipity 6x6
Copics: Dress/Eyes (Y35, YR15, YR38, R08, W2, W4), Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R22), Hair (E23, E57, E59, E79), Wings (B00. BG1, G21, G43, BG18)
White Gel Pen
Hemptique natural single cord twine
Maya Road kraft white polka dot envelopes
Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares
Button

4 comments:

  1. You bring every character you create to life with your colouring. The yellow is a perfect choice for this little pixie. She's beautiful! Love your use of the envelope too - so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I've been eying my ever-growing stash of craft supplies lately and I really want to make an effort to actually use everything I've bought. I've noticed that I bought a lot of pretty and cute things, but I felt bad about using them -- which is kind of silly, since I didn't just buy them to look at them.

      Delete
  2. Soooo cute! And your colouring is gorgeous! Love the envelop idea! Will maybe even borough this idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for sure go for it! Miniature envelopes are soooooo cute, and it's hard to resist buying them. Might as well make use of it. :D

      Delete