Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hello Gorgeous

This card started with a bunch of completely adorable stamps from the Sweet Stamp Shop. Not only does the Sweet Stamp Shop have the cutest stamps, but the owner (Nicole) is an absolutely amazing and kind person. I very much encourage everyone to check out her store. The stamps are high-quality polymer, and in limited quantities -- meaning, grab them as soon as you see them.

For this card, I started with 2 of the newer sets: Hedgehog Kiss and Stuck On This. I knew straight away that I wanted to create a scene where the lovestruck hedgehog meets an adorable girly cactus. I stamped the hedgehog and the cactus and colored them in with my Copics (and, of course, added highlights with a white gel pen). The scene looked a bit bare, however, so I also stamped out a couple of accessories (hat, flower, hearts). Lastly, I grabbed a speech bubble to add to the scene.

I created a quick shadow background on the card front, so that the figures didn't look like they were floating. I adhered the hedgehog, cactus and speech bubble.

For the sentiment, I wanted to go with something a bit more custom, so I used Monogram Alpha to spell out the word "Gorgeous". I stamped a tiny hello in front of it.

The last touch was adding a small peach flower by the sentiment and a few sequins and pearls to the top of the card.

Supplies:
Ink: My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice, My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Hot Fudge (sentiment)
Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Hedgehog Kiss, Stuck on This, Foxy, Monogram It, Monogram Alpha
Cardstock: Bazzill Marshmallow
Copics: Hedgehog (E42, E15, W4, W6, W8, 100 Black, R43, B91, B95, B99), Cactus (YG00, YG06, YG67, R08, R46, R59, R89, R43, B00), backgound (W2, W4)
Prima Flowers Fresh Cut Bloom
Hazel & Ruby Think Pink sequins
Kaiser Scrapbook Pearls
Kaiser Scrapbook Adhesive Gems

4 comments:

  1. So very cute! I love hedgehogs, and it is so funny you created him to be attracted to a cactus. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Sharon! :D

      Hedgehogs are pretty adorable, for sure. And who can resist a friendly cactus?

      Delete
  2. I love how you use colour, Elle! The little hedgehog is just too cute and so is that little cactus. What a great stamp set! The little white highlights really finish the image perfectly, don't they? Cute card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! *hugs*

      I've got a few super adorable sets from the Sweet Stamp Shop, now. They're really fun to work with. :D

      Delete