Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lawn Fawn - Sunflower and Daisy

I've got two cards to share today. They both use the same supplies, but give two very different looks.

Let's start with the sunflower:

For this card, I first stamped the flowers, leaves and planting pot from Lawn Fawn's Our Friendship Grows stamp set. I colored them in using my Copics, added a few subtle highlights with my white gel pen, then got to work on the background. I got the watercolor look by rubbing distress inks in rows on my craft sheet and spraying them a couple of times with water. I placed a 2" strip of watercolor and pressed it down firmly to create a gradient look. I dried it with my heat tool and attached it to two strips of gray paper from the Let's Polka 6x6 paper pad. After gluing it down on a sunshine notecard, I arranged the flowers and leaves.

And now the daisy:

I followed the same process with the daisy, but I switched the colors around - using a mermaid notecard for the base. It looks much different from the sunflowers, even though the same stamp was used. I experimented a little with the texture on the flower center, and it turned out really cool.

I think this card duo is my favorite set of cards I've made this year. I just love how the colors and textures came out. 

Supplies:
Stamp: Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: Sunflower (Y06, Y21, Y35, YR15, YR68, R29, E42, E23, E37, E79), Daisy (B000, B00, B91, B95, B99, Y21, Y35, Y06, YR04, YR15, YR27, E37), Leaves (G21, G43, G46), pots (E23, E37, E79), Shadow under pot (W4, W6)
Distress Ink: Broken China, Peacock Blue, Seedless Preserves
Watercolor paper
Lawn Fawndamentals notecards in Sunshine and Mermaid
Paper: Let's Polka 6x6
Sakura jellyroll White gel pen

2 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the same stamps and same basic design but they looks so different - and still so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to look at stamps in slightly different ways. It's a fantastic exercise in creativity.

      Thank you for your comment, Kylie! You are too sweet. :)

      Delete