Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hoppy Easter! (SOG)

Easter is fast approaching, and I haven't even gotten started on making cards for my family and friends (yikes!). I figured I'd better get my butt in gear and get started with some Easter cards.

This card started with the brand new and completely adorable stamp from Some Odd Girl - Hip Hop Hooray. As I was coloring the bunnies with my Copics, it struck me that they looked a lot like a couple. So, I decided to add a few details and set them next to each other. For the bow and the hat, I used Some Odd Girl's Hipster Pets set.

Since I used brighter colors for the bunnies and the carrot, I wanted to keep the rest of the card relatively simple. I added some patterned paper, some hemp cord and an orange button that matched the base cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Luxe espresso truffle.

As a last touch, I glued some of the brand new Some Odd Girl Baby Mix sequins. I think they added the perfect amount of color.

Supplies:
Base: Bazzill Circus Peanuts cardstock
Paper: Papermania Spots/Stripes Pastels 6x6 
Stamps: Some Odd Girl Hip Hop Hooray, Some Odd Girl Hipster Pets, Mama Elephant Honey Bunny 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Luxe Espresso Truffle
Copics: Girl Bunny (E50, E42, E35, E37, E29, R81, R22), Boy Bunny (B00, W2, W3, W4, W6, BV11, R81, R22), Carrot (Y35, YE15, YR04, YR68, R08, YG00, G07, G46), Basket (Y21, Y35, E23, V06, V12, B91, B95, B99), Hat (BG11, BG32, BG18, R08, R29), Bowtie (R08, R29, R89)
Sequins: Some Odd Girl Baby Mix
White Gel Pen
Hemptique Natural Cord 

4 comments:

  1. This just totally ROCKS!! It positively knocked me between the eyes with the vibrant and realistic colours of those two little bunnies. I've missed seeing your creations. You have a gift, Elle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I had a lot of fun coloring those cute bunnies, and there will probably be a few more bunny-themed cards before Easter. I've been really practicing coloring with my Copics, so I'm so happy to see all the effort and practice is paying off. :)

      Delete
  2. So so cute!!! I like the fact that you have put them together as a couple! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was the very first thing that popped in my head when I saw the stamps. "They would make a cute couple", and they did! :D

      Delete