Sunday, April 20, 2014

Birhday Shell-ebrate

I think most card makers will agree with me - making masculine cards is pretty hard sometimes. With feminine cards, you can always fall back on soft colors and flowers, but it's a lot more challenging to make something masculine. Especially when the man in question doesn't really care for fishing, hunting or sports.

But I really needed to make a birthday card for my brother-in-law, so I went to my motto - when in doubt, go funny.

I pulled out the Party Posse stamp set from Paper Smooches and stamped the turtle (henceforth known as Shelly). I added the little party hat and puff from the stamp set and colored it all in with my copics.

I created a simple white panel and added the sentiment. After mounting it on a piece of patterned paper, I adhered it to the card. finally, to tie in some of the colors, I stuck a bunch of enamel dots to the card front.

And voila! Simple but cute and funny birthday card.

Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge this week is Anything Goes, so I'm going to enter this card in the challenge.

WOOHOO! I was a featured player in the Sparks Challenge. Check it out! :D

Supplies:
Stamp: Paper Smooches Party Posse
Base: Simon Says Stamp White Woodgrain card stock
Paper: Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine petite 6x6, Bazzill Marshmallow (panel)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (turtle), Mama Elephant Hazelnut (sentiment)
Copics: G21, YG67, E23, E35, E59, E79, W2 W4, W6, B05 B28, B000 R22
White Gel Pen
Enamel Dots: Freckled Fawn Neon Enamel Dots, Prima Flowers All Star Sugar Enamel Dots


2 comments:

  1. It is PERFECT, Elle! The right combination of white space, patterned paper and that darling image. Love Paper Smooches. They have something for everyone. Your brother-in-law is going to love this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did love it! It got showed around and everyone had a smile or a chuckle over the sentiment. Paper Smooches has some of the best stamps out there! :D

      Delete