Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Cake And Candles birthday

Birthday cards are always in demand, and they're always fun to make. Birthdays are a happy occasion where it's completely acceptable to be cute, or funny, or to turn around and go with something more classy and refined.

For this card, I used The Greeting Farm's Birthday Anya 3. I colored her in with my Copics and added a few small accents (like polkadots on the bow) with a white gel pen. After coloring the dress, I drew in circles with a blue pen.

After making a base from the new Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Surf Blue, I lined it with two pieces of Lawn Fawn Let's Polka paper. A simple stamped greeting at the top finished the card.

This was my attempt to create a simple card. It was a bit more challenging than I thought. I still felt like adding something to the upper left corner, but I resisted. This way, the focus is on the character and that's exactly what I was going for.

Supplies:
Stamp: The Greeting Farm - Birthday Anya 3, Avery Elle - Cake & Candles (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (girl), Memento Luxe in Tuxedo Black (sentiment)
Base: Simon Says Stamp #100 in Surf Blue
Paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Polka 6x6
Copics: Hair (E35, E37, E47), Skin (E00, E13, E15, R20), Heart/ribbons/shoes/berries (R29, R59), Dress (Y21, Y35, YR15), Cake (B000, R82, R85)
Sakura White jellyroll gel pen
Sharpie thin 0.5 pen in blue

2 comments:

  1. Whoever receives this card is going to love it, Elle! It's perfect! And you've rocked simple! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I'm trying to experiment with all kinds of different styles to see what I like best. So far, the simple cards and one layer cards are the most challenging for me. But I'm really glad my attempts aren't too off mark. :D

      Delete