Thursday, January 16, 2014

Simon Says Stamp - January Card Kit Card #2


For my second card, I wanted to do something a little different, so I made a folder-like card.

The pink card tucks into the craft card base, and the round window allows you a little peek at the cute alien.

Here's how the card looks when it's tucked in.

And here's a close look at the pink card insert.

I tried a few new techniques in this card:
- The tabs were made using my We-R-Memory-Keepers envelope punch.
- The round window was cut with my BigShot, using the circle framelits die
- I cut a square of velum paper that came in the kit into a square and glued it to the back of the circle cutout. Then I stamped the stitched heart with Memento Luxe Love Letter ink.
- Although the little alien has a fantastic grin on the stamp, I wanted him to be a little more shy. So, I created a mask for his mouth from a piece of post-it tape. I drew the shy smile with a pen.
- I used watercolors on the alien, just to give him a touch of color.
- The many many stitch lines on the craft base use a white gel pen.
- The white hearts at the front of the base are from Lawn Fawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment