Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mint Baby

This card... Oh, this card almost did not happen because this card was remade 4 times, and it's at least 90% different from my initial concept sketch. From coloring woes to glue issues to things being off-center, it was just not coming together. So, I took a step back and made something completely different. And I like it!

This card was inspired by Shari Carroll's new feature on the SSS blog: Color Coordinates. She covered Mint in one of the blog posts, and it made me think just how perfect of a hue that was for a gender-neutral baby card. So, I pulled up the tiny ray of sunshine stamp and got to work.

I paired the cool mint color with a warm gray/light brown from the Project Life : Baby paper pad. The paper flower from Prima's Sun Kissed: Bloom collection was the perfect touch to tie in the polka dots of the background and the mint. Finally, I added a few pearls to the right of the sentiment and it just pulled everything together.

Supplies:
Stamp: Simon Says Stamp: Tiny Ray Of Sunshine
Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp 100lbs cardstock in Mint
Paper: Becky Higgings Project Life: Baby Edition
Ink: Avery Elle pigment ink in Aquamarine
Flower: Prima Flowers Sun Kissed: Bloom
Copics
Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment