Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happy Birthday (simple)


This card uses a bunch of brand new supplies from the Simon Says Stamp spring release.

It's a relatively simple card, and easy to replicate, but I think it sends quite a message. The best part is that with a simple cardstock color scheme change, it switches from feminine to masculine or neutral.

Supplies:
Cardstock: SSS Surf Blue (base), SSS Cotton Candy (pink panel), SSS White Woodgrain (face)
Stamp: Birthday Balloons
Ink: Memento Luxe in Tuxedo Black (sentiment), Mama Elephant Bubblegum Pigment Ink (stars)
Washi Tape: Kelly Purkey Washi Tape: Teal Polkadots, Recollections Washi Tape Pink Stripe
Black Pearls (Simon Says Stamp)

2 comments:

  1. The centre panel has such impact! I love how you could switch it up for pretty much any occasion at all. Very clever and versatile design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I've seen a lot of these clean and simple cards, but I never managed to make one I liked before. It's really hard to just stop at one or two details. I think I'm happy with this card, though. I actually made two of them because the first one ended up with some smudgy stars.

      Delete