Monday, October 5, 2015

MFT- Harvest

Autumn is my favorite season. I love the cool air, the rainy days and the gorgeous changing colors of leaves. It's like spring, but without any pollen or bugs. So, I make it a point to thoroughly enjoy every second of fall for as long as it lasts.

I thought I would celebrate fall this week by sharing a few season-inspired cards. Aside from celebrating the wonderful season, it's also a great segue into Christmas cards -- something I've really ought to get started on.

Today's card features a Birdie Brown stamp set called Harvest Mouse. I just love this set! It features several adorable mice in fall-related activities. Quite a few of the images could be easily modified to become winter-themed. Jennifer McGuire has a video that showcases how to alter this stamp set - the mouse carrying a present would be perfect for Christmas!

For my card, I kept things relatively simple. I die-cut a rectangular panel from white marker paper and a stitched rectangle out of patterned paper. I stamped the mouse with leaves in the bottom right corner of the white panel. I used brown ink to soften the image and add a bit of warmth. I stamped the sentiment above it.

To color the image, I used my Copics. I kept the palette warm and added a dotty background using a few of the same colors I used for the image. I adhered the patterned paper to a white A2 top-folding card base (4¼x5½") and added the white panel on top with foam squares. As a last touch, I added a few fall sequins.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Snap! Autumn is my favourite season too. I'm loving your use of the fall colours. The little mouse is darling sitting in the pile of leaves and is coloured to your usual level of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite stamp sets of the year! I definitely want to make more cards with it. :D

      Delete