Friday, January 22, 2016

Pink Hugs

 The Greeting Farm - Furever stamp, WPlus9 - Sunshine dies, Avery Elle - Sweet Scallops Elle-ments die, My Favorite Things - Love & Adore You die, My Favorite Things - Homespun Gingham 6x6 patterned paper

Today's card is an entry in my Love Card Series, using the Furever stamp set from The Greeting Farm. Now, I've recently shared another card where I talked about how much I love this stamp set. So, I'll spare you further gushing and just confirm that yes, I still love it and I really enjoyed using it.

For this card, I wanted to do something very soft, very feminine and very pink. I started by stamping and coloring the cat and the girl with Copics. I then cut the image out with scissors, leaving a small white border.

Next, I pulled my Bigshot and did a whole lot of die-cutting. I die-cut a couple of scalloped frames from white cardstock and some rectangular frames from patterned paper. Originally, the oval background for the girl was also white, but it blended too well, so I used a mini blending-tool to apply some dye ink all over the surface. I adhered all of my panels together, using my standard adhesive or foam squares.

For the sentiment, I die-cut "love you" out of white cardstock and ran it through my Xyron sticker maker. Then I simply adhered it to the bottom of the pink panel.

The last touch were 3 sparkly white enamel dots.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got this set as you have made two super lovely cards. This one is equally as darling as the last. The pretty pink colour scheme is so sweet. And I haven't mentioned my favourite bit - yes, your colouring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a lovely stamp. I'm really glad I bought it. :D

      Delete