Friday, January 30, 2015

Coffee Mae

 Today's card features Hipster Mae, a super cute stamp set from Some Odd Girl. I wanted to do something coffee-inspired and Hipster Mae definitely fit the bill.

I started by stamping Mae onto some Copic marker paper with black hybrid ink. I went with a slightly french, modern look and colored her with blues and red. After she was colored in, I carefully cut her out with scissors and set her aside. I also stamped the coffee cup and cut it out as well.

I made my card base from medium grey cardstock. It's a standard top-folding A2 card base (4¼ by 5½") created by cutting and scoring a sheet of cardstock in half.

I grabbed some great coffee-themed paper from Happy Day paper pad. I first die-cut a stitched rectangle from the orange paper using Blueprints 15. I then cut the cute coffee cups panel with a wonky rectangle. Lastly, I cut a small stitched rectangle out of the grey cardstock.

I assembled the card by adhering the panels together and adhering them to the base. I added Mae, grey circle and coffee cup with foam tape. I stamped a sentiment from the Hipster Mae set onto some white cardstock with brown ink and cut it down to size. I adhered it to the card.

Lastly, I added a few enamel dots around the card. And there you have it! :)

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl - Hipster Mae
My Favorite Things - Blueprints 15 die
Pebbles Inc. - Happy Day 6x6 paper pad
Pebbles Inc. - Happy Day enamel dots
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
Stampin' Up Classic Inkpad in Soft Suede (sentiment)
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight cardstock in Smoke
Neenah Solar White in #110lbs (sentiment panel)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
Copics (Skin- E00, E11, E13, R20, R22, 0; Hair: BV17, BV25, BV29, 100; Outfit: B000, B32, B91, B95, B99, W2, W4, W6, C4, C6, 100, R05, R46, R89, BG72, BG75, Y35; Coffee Cup: G24, YG67, E50, E53, R20, E23, E37)

No comments:

Post a Comment