Tuesday, January 13, 2015

TGF- Sending

 As I was looking through the The Greeting Farm blog, I noticed that there's currently a challenge running with the theme of "It's Cold Outside".

A short while ago, I got the Winter Greetings stamp from TGF with the intention of making several wintery cards for Christmas. But Christmas went by really fast, and I only got a chance to use the stamp once. So, I decided to use the stamp again today and create a fun card.

I started by stamping the boy from Winter Greetings onto some marker paper. I colored him in with Copics, going with a combination of red and blue. There wasn't anything special about my coloring this time, other than adding a bit of extra pink to his ears, nose and cheeks. After he was all colored in, I carefully cut him out with a pair of scissors and set him aside.

I created the card base out of some chocolate brown cardstock, keeping it in a standard A2 format (4¼ x 5½").

For the patterned paper, I decided to use a couple of fun papers from Carta Bella's Rough 'N Tumble 6x6. This paper pad is not at all winter-themed, but I think it has some great colors and patterns that work. I grabbed my Bigshot and cut the argyle paper with Simon Says Stamp's Frames die. I used the biggest die, which created a scalloped border and an rectangle with rounded corners. For this card, I'm using that inner rectangle.

While I had my Bigshot out, I also cut out a pierced oval circle out of some red starry paper. Lastly, I grabbed a piece of white cardstock and cut out the word "Sending" with Simon Says Stamp's die.

I adhered all the elements to the card front, using a combination of my standard adhesive and foam squares. I added a bit of shadow under "Sending" with a Copic marker. Lastly, I added 3 sparkly silver enamel dots and a doted white line to the card edges.

After stamping the card inside, the card was done!

Supplies:
The Greeting Farm - Warmest Wishes stamp set
Simon Says Stamp - Frames die
Simon Says Stamp - Sending die
My Favorite Things - Pierced oval STAX die
Carta Bella - Rough 'N Tumble 6x6 patterned paper
My Favorite Things - Hybrid Ink in Chocolate Brown
Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink in Chestnut Roan (sentiment)
Copics (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R05, R46, R89, B41, B95, B99, E50, E53. E33, E35, E57, E59, E79, W4)
Uniball Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Your Next Stamp Glittered Gumdrops in Sterling Silver
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares
Tombow Craft Adhesive Runner (pink)
Chocolate Cardstock (base)
White Cardstock (inside)
Copic Mini Marker pad #70lbs

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Elle, your colouring is *always* special! This is such a cute stamp and you've made the little guy shine! I love that you've started the greeting on the outside and finished it on the inside too. Clever design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie!

      Lately I've been really into playing with design and trying out some new techniques and concepts. It's been really fun to step out of my comfort zone. :D

      Delete