Monday, April 20, 2015

Color Monday - Donuts


It's Monday, and it's another color day! Today's coloring is very, very simple, but it does showcase a couple of new things - adding depth and changing a stamp to add a bit more versatility.

The stamp I'm using today is Simon Says Stamp's I Love Donuts. This is a fun set that features a couple of donut sizes and some great (and funny!) sentiments. For this card, I decided to use the larger donut and stamp it out 3 times.

On the third donut, I made sure to mask off an area at the bottom right, because I wanted to make a small change to the stamp. I stamped all 3 onto some Copic paper in brown ink -- it reminded me of chocolate. I drew in a jagged/bite-mark line on the masked donut, and added a few crumbs.

The coloring itself was really simple. Glaze is very smooth and shiny, so it doesn't need any texture. This means you can get away with just using a flat color. I added a very thin line of darker color on the bottom right side of the glaze and on the bottom right of the donut hole. I added a simple circle highlight in the upper left with my gel pen. What this does is show that my light source is upper left, and that the glaze has some thickness to it. It's not paper-thin, and it sits raised on the donut - and it's glossy enough to have a highlight.

I used a simple light grey card base and arranged the 3 donuts there with foam tape. I stamped a sentiment in the same brown ink and added a few enamel dots for fun.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lindsey! I had fun coloring this one. :D

      Delete
  2. Yum! Now I want a doughnut!! lo What a cute card! Love the colouring and how you changed the doughnut and added the crumbs! The colours you have chosen are so gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I am very hungry for donuts, too. XD

      It was a super simple change, but I think it really adds a little extra. I should try to change stamps a little more often, I think. I bet there'd be all kinds of fun results. :D

      Delete