Friday, May 8, 2015

CS-Thanks Tag

I think I mentioned before that I keep a notebook where I jot down ideas I randomly get for cards. Sometimes it's color combinations, other times it's concepts. And - very rarely - I make a quick card sketch.

Card sketches are interesting. On one hand, I love the idea of planning out my card and getting away from the same old design I keep using over and over again. On the other hand, my card process is usually so intuitive and organic that having a definite plan can feel like a big constraint (and creative block!).

 I started this card by picking out some patterned papers. I liked the look of polka-dots layered with woodgrain, but I just could not settle on how to use them together. After browsing through my idea notebook, I found a quick sketch I'd made a while ago. It featured a circle, a tag and a wonky cut of patterned paper. It looked like a fun layout to try, so I decided to follow it.

For the tag, I used Simon Says Stamp's Medium Tags die. I also used a thanks stamp from Mama Elephant's Many Thanks stamp set. To add a whimsical touch, I used a white gel pen to add in some scallops and dots.

Since dots were a recurring theme on the cards, I used circular embellishments- enamel dots and a piece of flair.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. Lol I sketch out ideas and look at card sketch challenges occasionally and I still make the same designs! Your card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you should try to make some sketches. I bet they would be awesome :D

      Delete