Thursday, May 7, 2015

It's been Oolong



It's a very rainy day here today, and the sky is so overcast that it almost looks like night-time (it certainly does look like night-time inside!). I really adore this kind of weather. Rainy, cool and perfect to stay inside and get crafty. So, I will try to sneak in some creative time today in between work and family.

The card I'm sharing today features a super cute little stamp from the Sweet Stamp Shop called "Oolong". This set has a few things I really love - cute faces on inanimate objects, a punny sentiment and tea. So, I just had to make a card with it.

I stamped the image and sentiment onto some Copic marker paper, then colored them in with my Copics. I was aiming for really quick and minimal coloring -- just a punch of brightness. I trimmed the paper a bit, then matted with a striped paper scrap I had laying about. I used a scallop die to cut a piece of red striped paper and adhered everything together.

A ribbon and some cute enamel dots finished the card off perfectly.

Thanks for reading and happy paper-crafting!~
~Elle~

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Elle! I love the pop of purple from the ribbon & enamel dot. I never thought to add purple with kraft, but seeing your card, I love the combo. I'm also glad to hear that you got some crafting time. Here in Wisconsin, it's the opposite. It's 79° & gorgeous! But, I agree, if we had rain too, I definitely be in my room crafting away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ka! I love kraft - it's probably one of my favorite colors, and it's just a fabulous neutral that goes with just about every color. I'm going to keep pairing it with all kind of hues and see what combinations I love the most. :D

      So glad that the weather is lovely for you. We had a cool but sunny day today, and I got a chance to go on a walk. It was very enjoyable. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card, Elle! I love punny cards. I love wintery weather too (which is just as well since that is what we are heading in to!). The only thing I don't like is the lack of bright natural light. Makes it tricky for picking/using colours at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. II love punny cards, too! I don't make them as often because not as many people appreciate a good pun. But they make me giggle. And I may have bought a few stamp sets just because they had a punny sentiment.... >_>

      Delete