Wednesday, October 7, 2015

CC Designs - Fall Thanks

Continuing on with my ode to autumn, I'm sharing another fall-inspired card today. This card uses a stamp set from C.C. Designs' Roberto's Rascals line called Latte Sue. Aside from a fab outfit (really! I would wear it all the time), this stamp features a fun stone bench and some falling leaves.

I started by stamping out Sue onto some marker paper with brown ink and coloring her in with my Copics. I went for one of my favorite combinations - blue + cream/tan. After I was done, I trimmed the paper down to a rectangle. Since the paper was a very bright white, I wanted to soften it a little with some creamy color. Originally, I was going to just use my distress ink and a blending tool, but I wanted to make sure I didn't get ink all over the image and creating a mask was going to be too much work.

Since the image had a lot of small and intricate parts, I decided to instead use my Copics to color in a background. I used a few E markers to create a semi-distressed and dotty frame. I really like how it turned out! After that was done, I matted the image onto some navy cardstock.

I found a great patterned paper that had the same creamy warm tones as my image. I cut it down to 4 by 5¼" and matted it with a piece of navy cardstock that was just slightly larger than the paper. I adhered the matted panel to a white card base (top-folding A2 - 4¼x5½"). I added the stamped panel with some foam tape.

For my sentiment, I used the Many Thanks stamp set from Simon Says Stamp on a strip of white cardstock I colored with my Copics (so it would match the panel). I cut it into a flag shape, then matted it with some of that navy cardstock and adhered it to the card with foam tape.

Lastly, I scattered a few fall-themed and sparkly clear sequins across the card.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty Fall themed card! The image consists of everything that I love about Fall - Sweater, Boots, Coffee and changing leaves! ABSOLUTELY love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ka! I also adore sweaters, boots, coffee and changing leaves. :D

      Delete
  2. Keep the autumn themed cards coming as they look so wonderful and this card is no exception!

    ReplyDelete