Friday, October 9, 2015

MFT- Fall Doodle



It's another lovely autumn day here, with changing leaves and a sprinkling of rain. I wanted to share another autumn-inspired card, this time using a very simple design and some retired supplies.

I started by stamping the cute girl from MFT's Doodle Garden - Happy Harverst stamp set. Now, this set is retired, but it features a super cute stamp that I didn't get a chance to ink up yet. So, I stamped her out in brown ink and colored her in with Copics. I went for a slightly brighter palette, adding some contrast to make my shading look a little more dimensional. When I was done, I carefully cut out the image, leaving a small white border.

Since I was using a retired stamp, I decided to go all out and use a few of my other retired supplies. I die-cut a scalloped rectangle out of Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods paper (retired) and a corresponding flair (also retired).

I wanted to keep the card pretty simple, so I adhered the patterned paper to a kraft A2 card base (4¼x5½") with foam tape. I grabbed a small white rectangle (tip: this is one half of an A2 card panel cut in half - I use it to line my darker card bases for easy writing). and stamped a sentiment from the stamp set. I adhered it to the patterned paper, adhered the girl on top and added the flair. Lastly, I scattered a few warm-toned enamel dots.

Thanks for reading, and happy autumn!
~Elle~

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you brought these lovely items out of retirement. The stamp is so lovely. I know stamp companies cannot keep every stamp in their range but you'd think designs like this would have a very long life. I love the paper and the flair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually grabbed quite a few of them during a retirement sale, and I'm so glad I did! They're all such sweet images and really fun to color. Definitely expect to see more!

      Delete