Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Warm-up Holiday



Though I'm still enjoying fall, I'm also trying to get going on my Christmas cards. These past two years, I really underestimated just how much time it takes to create some 30+ cards - which resulted in a rather stressful marathon crafting session or two. This year, I want to enjoy the process more, so I decided to start making cards much earlier.

My first card is a warm-up card, created with The Greeting Farm's Hoppy Hello stamp set. Aside from adorable images, this is a smaller (and cheaper) set that has a few cute punny sentiments. Since the two bunnies are wearing scarves, I figured they'd be right at home on a Christmas card.

I started by stamping out the bunnies and coloring them in with Copics. I wanted both bunnies to be white, so I used a couple of blue markers to add in some shadows. This adds depth to the image and makes the white really pop up. I colored their scarves in red and green, then added some details with a white gel pen. I fussy-cut them and set them aside while I worked on the rest of the card.

I used a retired MFT STAX die to cut a couple of rounded rectangles out of patterned paper and white cardstock. The white cardstock was my background scene. I stamped some snowflakes and hills with soft blue ink (tough to see in the image, but it does show in person), then adhered the bunnies to the card. There was a bit of room left between them, so I stamped and colored a little present. I added it to the card with foam squares.

For the sentiment, I decided to combine a stamp and a die. I cut the Merry out of red cardstock, and stamped "Christmas" in brown ink. I adhered the die to the front panel. I matted the front panel to the patterned paper panel and adhered both to a Spruce notecard from Lawn Fawn.

And that's it! A simple and easy Christmas card to get me going.
Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

4 comments: