Monday, September 25, 2017

Bits and Pieces: Warm my Heart

I just love paper. Some card-makers live for stamps and ink, some love their dies. I'm a patterned paper kind of girl. Not only do I love the look, the smell and the feel of paper, but I find it so inspiring. I take great joy in choosing the perfect paper to go with my stamp (or the perfect stamp to go with my paper!).

There's so much variety in patterned paper, too. You have the standard basics like polkadots and stripes, and then you have complex shapes or artistic patterns. There's watercolor effects, paint splatters and a bundle of textures and techniques that would take me hours to create. That's my favorite thing about patterned paper, by the way. I can have all the trendy looks, but without a ton of experimentation and inconsistent results. Don't get me wrong, I do like trying out new things, but when I want just one card to look a specific way, a patterned paper will do.

Today's card uses the lovely paper from Pinkfresh Studio's Indigo Hills. I've paired it with an MFT cat + accessory stamp (retired) and a simple sentiment from Perk Up.
Thanks for reading!
~Elle~


No comments:

Post a Comment