Saturday, September 6, 2014

Autumn Flower Mouse

It's Saturday, and that means it's digi day! Also, while I've got your attention... My friend Kylie and I will be doing a fun mini-challenge this week. It's the Stamp Trio challenge, but with a twist! We'll be using one stamp set, but also just one patterned paper pad for 3 very different cards. It'll be interesting to see how different all the cards will look. I'm already hard at work on my 3 cards, and it's been very fun. Now, onto the card...

This week, I'm working with a digital stamp from Meljen Designs called Autumn Flower Mouse. You may remember this mouse from a watercolor card I made a few weeks ago, and I'm happy to report that you can find him in many digital stamps over on Meljen's site. Another thing I want to note is that there's currently a 50% off sale going on all throughout September. It's a really good time to grab a few of those must-have stamps! :)

I started by printing out the mouse onto some Copic X-Press it cardstock. I cut it down to size and colored in using my Copics. I went with richer, fall-like colors this time around, and created a dotty background. I then rounded the corners of the panel with the 1/2".

For my card base, I trimmed and scored a piece of Primitive Cream cardstock into a standard A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). While I had my printer out, I also cut a piece of Olive cardstock to measure 4 by 5 1/4", and another piece to be just slightly larger than the stamped panel. For patterned paper, I used American Crafts' Autumn Crisp 6x6 paper, that I cut to 3 3/4 by 5".

I matted the patterned paper onto the olive cardstock and adhered it to the card base. I used foam tape to adhere the stamp panel to the olive cardstock, and rounded the corners. I adhered the panel to the card front at an angle, for a bit of added interest.

Lastly, I grabbed a yellow button. I tied some twine into a little bow and adhered it to the card with a glue dot.

Supplies:
Meljen Designs Autumn Flower Mouse digital stamp
Copic X-Press It Blending cardstock
My Favorite Things Heavyweight cardstock in Primitive Cream
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight cardstock in Olive
American Crafts Autumn Crisp 6x6 patterned paper
Copics (R20, R22, E53, E35, E37, E29, E57, E59, E79, E07, R59, R89, BV29, Y21, Y35, Y38, Yr23, YG95, YG97, G99, YR68, R29, G43, YR21, YG63, W3, W4, W6)
Tombow Dot Adhesive runner (pink)
3M Double-sided Foam Tape
We-R-Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

3 comments:

  1. Lol I'm not sure my cards are going to be overly different given the stamp set and paper pad I chose to work with but I'll do my best. :)

    Your card is beautiful, Elle! Love how you've coloured the image, as always, and those background dots are wonderful. The little button is the perfect finishing accent too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the bright side, you'll have 3 cards that could go in a set! And that's just as fun. :D

      Thanks so much! I do love the card. I probably spent way more time than needed on the dot background, but it was really fun. :)

      Delete
  2. lol That's very true! :)

    Totally worth your effort. :)

    ReplyDelete