Monday, September 29, 2014

Petal Fairy

I didn't get a chance to get as crafty as I was meaning to this weekend. There were two birthday parties and some chores I've been neglecting *cough*laundry*cough*. By the time I finished everything and was ready to get crafty, it was already Sunday night. I still made a little time to color in this beautiful digi from Some Odd Girl, so I finished a simple card with her.

Petal Fairy is a brand new digi, and if you're a part of the Odd girls Facebook group, you can grab the link to buy her early (before she's listed in the store front).

I started by printing out Petal Fairy and coloring her in with my Copics. I didn't do anything special this time around, just colored for the fun of it. I went with bright colors, and added a couple of highlights with a white gel pen. After she was completely colored in, I carefully cut around her and set her aside to make the rest of the card.

I made a top-folding A2 card base out of mint cardstock.

I really liked the polka and flower patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Just Sayin' paper pad. I cut it into a 3 x 3 1/2" panel. I matted it with a piece of pink cardstock that matched some of the flowers. I adhered the fairy onto the panel with my standard adhesive, making sure she was over the flowers. Unfortunately, some of her butterfly wing was sticking out and I had to trim it (it wouldn't fit in an envelope otherwise). I adhered the panel to the card front using foam tape.

Lastly, I decided to add a few embellishments. I kept them simple by adding a few pink enamel dots and drawing a border with a white gel pen.

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Petal Fairy digital stamp
Copic X-Press It blending cardstock
Copics (E00, E11, E13, R20, R22, 0, B02, B05, Y11, Y38, BV29, E35, E37, E47, E29, YR23, YG25, YG67, YG99, YG41, YG45, BV01, BV04, BG32, BG49, R11, RV42, RV55)
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel Pen
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight 100#lbs cardstock in Mint
My Mind's Eye Just Sayin' 6x6 patterned paper
Stampin' Up Cardstock in Strawberry Slush
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive Runner (pink)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
Freckled Fawn Pinks enamel dots

2 comments:

  1. Ah chores, they always get in the way. Boo! lol Petal fairy is so pretty and I love the bright happy colours you've chosen. It's fun to colour just for the sake of colouring sometimes, isn't it. I love how you've designed the card too. Looks very dimensional. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the bright side, at least the majority of chores are mindless things that leave me free to think about all sorts of things - even crafty ideas. But, it still does take quite a long time to finish them...

      And, thank you! Coloring is a great therapy. Very relaxing. :D

      Delete