Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Stop in for a Spell

I'm slowly getting over the flu, and what better way to distract myself than with a card? This card is another cute witch card, this time using an A La Mode stamp set called Bewitching.

I started by stamping the witch onto some Copic marker paper and coloring her in with my Copics. I kept the coloring pretty simple. After the image was colored in, I cut around it with my scissors, leaving a small white border. Since the green tendrils of smoke from the cauldron were delicate, I didn't cut around them entirely. But I didn't like the larger white space, so I dotted a few green bubbles with a Copic marker, and outlined them in black pen. This both filled in the empty space and added a bit more whimsy.

I grabbed my Bigshot and did some die-cutting. I cut a background from a dark purple cardstock using the stitched rectangle from MFT's Blueprints 13. I also grabbed a couple of fun papers from Doodlebug's Ghouls & Goodies 6x6. I die-cut a sentiment panel with the small banner from Blueprints 13, then cut the green polka dot paper with a larger banner I cut the orange star panel with a rounded rectangle from Blueprints 5.

I prepared the center panel by adhering the sentiment banner in the bottom left corner, then adhering the witch next to it. I positioned the banner to be just behind the witch's leg, so it didn't look out of place.

For the card base, I cut and scored a piece of Kraft cardstock into a standard A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2"). I adhered the purple panel straight onto the card with my standard dot adhesive. I layered the green banner near the middle of the card, then added the center panel with foam tape.

I decided to add some lovely flowers from Prima Flowers' Herb Green Forever pack. Lastly, I also added a couple of white enamel dots by the green flower.

Supplies:
A La Mode Bewitching stamp set
Copic Mini Marker pad 70lbs
Doodlebug Ghouls & Goodies 6x6 paper pad
Avery Elle Heavyweight Cardstock in Sugar Plum
Neenah Desert Storm Environmental Cardstock #100lbs
Neenah Solar White #110lbs Cardstock
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 dies
My Favorite Things Blueprints 5 dies
Tombow Craft Dot Adhesive (pink)
3M Double-Sided Foam Tape
Prima Flowers Herb Green Forever paper flowers
My Mind's Eye Essentials White enamel dots
Copics (C2, C4, C6, C8, YG06, YG17, E00, E13, R20, 0, BV14, BV17, BV25, BV29, YR15, YR68, E07, R59)

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are starting to feel HEAPS better now, Elle! Being unwell certainly hasn't impacted your creativity! This card is fantastic. I love that you drew in the bubbles - they so work - I didn't realise they weren't part of the original design. As for your colouring - yeah, AWESOME as always!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie! I'm slowly getting there. Still not 100%, but better than the complete heap of misery I was at the beginning of the week. :)

      Delete