Monday, March 14, 2016

Lavender and Mint - Baby

Today, I have two cards to share using Mama Elephant's Charmed stamp set. Both cards were created with  a baby theme in mind. My palette was somewhat neutral, combining soft purple with mint. I think this combination works for both boy and girl baby cards because it's neither typically masculine or feminine - it's just soft and fresh.

For the owl, I went with taupe and white - adding just a touch of pink to the cheeks and orange to the beak and feet. I also used the cute wreath that comes with the set, colored with purples and minty greens.

I used a similar design for the fox card, going with earthy oranges and white. I made sure to use an orange that wasn't too bright, as it would have clashed with the lavender and mint.

Both cards use the same design, with a scalloped border and patterned paper peeking underneath. I embellished the card with some enamel shapes and added a small congrats sentiment.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment