Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sunny Birthday



This weekend was a birthday weekend for me, so I thought it would be fitting to share a birthday card and some bright, sunny colors. This card uses Mama Elephant's Charmed stamp set.

I started by stamping the owl and the banner onto some marker paper. I colored them in with Copics, using a few of the colors I've been meaning to use for ages - a peachy orange, pink and ivory. Once my pieces were colored, I fussy-cut them with sharp scissors, leaving a small white border.

I trimmed a piece of white cardstock and pulled out a starry stencil. I used my mini ink blender and Wild Honey distress ink to add some stars. I went for a gradual effect, layering the color strongly in some areas, but not in others. I matted this piece of cardstock (using foam tape) with another white rectangle that was slightly larger. I adhered both to a yellow top-folding A2 base (4¼x5½").

I grabbed a cute Simple Stories chipboard frame and adhered it down with glue. I added the owl inside the square with foam tape, then layered the banner over the bottom edge.

As a last touch, I scattered a few orange, yellow and clear sequins around the card.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

No comments:

Post a Comment