Saturday, April 16, 2016

(SSS) Purple Florals

Today's card features a lovely stamp called Friendship Blooms. It features some lovely flowers along with great sentiments. For this card, I just used the flowers and leaves. Friendship Blooms also has a matching die set, but I didn't pick it up (I just fussy-cut my images).

I wanted to go with an unexpected palette, so I colored the flowers in shades of purple. I used a bright green for the leaves and added a few highlights with a white gel pen. I adhered the flowers to a piece of white cardstock that was die-cut into a circle and matted with a purple scalloped circle.

I kept the background of the card neutral, adding a strip of bright chartreuse leaf pattern to a simple gray paper. I happened to have the sentiment from Mama Elephant's Carried Away set on my desk, so I adhered it to the card.

Thanks for reading!
~Elle~

4 comments:

  1. such a pretty card-saw some of your wok over on Pinterest-love the cards you have made with Lawn Fawn stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! I'm so glad you found my little blog. :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card! The white gel highlights really do add a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's such a small and random thing, but it adds a bit of sparkle and shine. :D

      Delete