Monday, August 4, 2014

SOG - Midnight


This card started with Some Odd Girl's Royal stamp set. After stamping the princess on Copic marker paper, I colored her in with my Copics. I spent quite a while debating which colors to use for her dress, until I finally settled on darker blue-violet hues. Once the coloring was done, I carefully cut the image out with my scissors.

Since the image had rich and dark colors, I decided on a darker background. I created a standard top-folding A2 card (4 1/4 by 5 1/2") from Some Odd Girl's Black cardstock. While I had my paper trimmer out, I also cut a few panels from Simply Gorjuss patterned paper. The large panel measures 4 by 5 1/4", and the smaller panel measures 3 by 4".

The small panel was blending into the background too much, so I matted it onto a piece of dark purple cardstock and adhered it to the large panel. I tied a black ribbon around the bottom of the card, then adhered the background to the base.

I adhered the girl to the card with foam squares. It needed a little something extra, so I also added 3 paper flowers to the bottom right corner of the panel.

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Royal stamp
MFT Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
DoCrafts Simply Gorjuss 6x6 paper pad
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight Cardstock in black
Avery Elle Heavuweight cardstock in Sugar Plum
Black Ribbon
Prima Flowers paper flowers
Copic Mini Marker Paper 70lbs
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R22, 0), Eyes (BG11, BG32, BG49), Lips (R35), Hair (E23, E25, E27, E29), Gloves/shoes (B000), Dress (BV11, BV13, BV17, BV29)

4 comments:

  1. *sigh* She's just dreamy! You have a knack for beautiful colouring, and fantastic design. I love seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kylie! I do feel like I'm getting better at coloring, too. It's really relaxing to do. :D

      Delete
  2. OH wow the dress is so nicely coloured! Just like those cartoon/animation on TV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's quite a compliment. I'm so glad you like it, Petti. :)

      Delete