Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bedtime Story

I was in the mood to color something sweet last night, and I decided to color this absolutely adorable Bedtime Story digi from MilkCoffee (on Etsy). It's one of bunches of digis I treated myself to recently, and I really enjoyed coloring it. I'm thinking of making Saturday my digi cards day. I'd love to use all the fun stamps I bought recently. :)

After I printed out the Bedtime Story image, I used my bigshot to cut it into a rounded tag frame. The die I used is from My Favorite things, named Rounded Banner STAX - but it's unfortunately retired. I was able to grab it during the amazing clearance sale they had on their website a few weeks ago.

I colored the image with my Copics, including a bit of a messy backrgound for the stars. It feels like I used up half my markers trying to blend that background, too! The coloring itself took quite a bit longer than usual, as there were a lot of little details I wanted to pay attention to.

But once the coloring was done, I got to work on the rest of the card - which was actually rather simple. I created my card base by cutting and scoring a piece of Simon Says Stamp Lavender cardstock in half for a standard A2 card.

I grabbed a piece of starry paper from Studio Calico's Print Shop 6x6 and cut it to measure 4 by 5 1/4". I adhered a strip of Stampin' Up white ribbon to the right side, and adhered it straight onto the card with my dot adhesive.

I adhered the colored panel with foam squares, positioning it toward the bottom of the card.

Lastly, I added a (slightly wonky) white ribbon and 2 enamel dots to the upper corners.

Supplies:
MilkCoffee Bedtime Story digital stamp
My Favorite Things Rounded Banner STAX (largest die)
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight 100#lbs cardstock in Lavender
Studio Calico Print Shop! 6x6 patterned paper
Stampin' Up Whisper White organza ribbon
Studio Calico Yellow & Orange enamel essentials
Tombow dot adhesive runner (pink)
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R22, 0), Girl's Nightgown (R11, RV42, R32, R35), Boy's hat/sleeves (B00, B02, B24, Y35, YR15), Boy PJs (B000, B41, B45), Girl Pillow (R81, V12, C2, C4), Boy Pillow (C2, C4, G24), Book (E42, 0, E53, E44), Boy Hair (Y11, Y35, E35, E37), Girl Hair (E33, E39, E29), Stars (Y11, Y35), Background (BV01, BV11, BV13, 0)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Hands up if you want Digi Saturday - I do! lol It's so easy to use up copic ink, isn't it?! Worth it in this case though, Elle. It's a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! Digi Saturday it is, then. :D

      Good thing I've got refills for most of the inks I used tons of. I'll have to make sure that I have ink back-ups for all of my Copics (which is going to be expensive, so I hope there will be some good sales here and there).

      Delete