Sunday, August 3, 2014

Tiddly Inks- Beachy

Can you believe it's already August?!? I feel like summer just started, and here we are almost at its end... And looking through my cards, I've come to realize that I have not made very many summer-inspired cards - despite the fact that I've bought copious amounts of nautical patterned paper, stamps and decorations. So, I decided to remedy this by creating something summery.

For this card, I used Tiddly Inks' Beach Babe stamp set. After stamping Wryn and the bucket in MFT's Chocolate Brown ink (yes, I'm a bit obsessed with it at the moment...), I colored them in with Copics and carefully cut them out.

I created a standard A2 card base by cutting and scoring a sheet of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock. I also cut a piece of Slate cardstock to measure 4 by 5 1/4". For the patterned paper, I used Carta Bella's Ahoy There paper pad (which is probably one of my favorites this summer). I cut a piece of anchor paper to measure 3 3/4 by 5" and matted it onto the dark gray panel. I adhered it to the card front.

I created a faux snapshot panel by cutting a rectangle inside a 3 by 4" white rectangle. I used foam squares to adhere it to a piece of seashell paper, which added a touch of dimension. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set in the bottom left corner. After adding the bucket and Wryn to the panel, I adhered it to the card front, tilting it a little so it's not completely straight.

Since the anchor pattern is fairly busy, I didn't want to add too many decorations. So, I added a few enamel dots in blue and brown, and a few flowers in the top left corner. Voila! Card is done.

Supplies:
Tiddly Inks Beach Babe stamp
MFT Hybrid Inkpad in Chocolate Brown
Stampin' Up inkpad in Baked Brown Sugar
Simon Says Stamp Heavy Cardstock in Fog and Slate
Neenah Solar White 80lbs cardstock
Carta Bella Ahoy There 6x6 paper pad
Prima sugar dots in Vintage
Prima Flowers
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R22, 0), Hair (E23, E25, E27, E29), Swimsuit/Towel/Crab (R05, R46, R89, B000), Bag (E42, E44), Starfish (RV42, RV95), Bucket (C2, C4, C6), Flower (B000, Y21, Y35, YR14)
Sakura Gellyroll White Gel pen

3 comments:

  1. I'm at work and had a few minutes during lunch to visit your blog. I surprised the other people in the kitchen when I exclaimed out loud "That is awesome!" And it is, Elle! Loving the summer theme and you're rocking the colouring....and the brown ink. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Kylie! I must admit I giggled at the surprised coworkers. I sometimes have a tendency to mumble and talk to myself while working and I've surprised people with it a few times. It was pretty funny. XD

      So glad you like my card! I really need to do more summer cards. :D

      Delete
  2. lol I thought they would have been used to me by now. lol It's just lovely and yes you do need to do more summer cards. :)

    ReplyDelete