Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Geometric Trees

Last night, I came across the Addicted to CAS challenge blog, and saw that they have a really interesting challenge going on at the moment.
The moment I saw the code word, I just knew I had the perfect stamp for it. So, I decided to make a CAS card and enter the challenge!

I started by creating my base out of MFT's Sweet Tooth cardstock by cutting and scoring it in half for a standard A2 card. I then cut a panel of white cardstock to measure 4 by 5 1/4".

I used Sweet Stamp Shop's retired set Fall Gratitude to stamp out some fabulous geometric trees and corresponding trunks. I drew a line in pencil to make sure all the trunks were even, then erased it after the ink was dry.

For the sentiment, I used Simon Says Stamp's Giving Thanks stamp set. I also stamped a little orange bird for an extra punch of color.

Lastly, I adhered the panel to the card base with foam tape.

Supplies:
Sweet Stamp Shop Fall Gratitude (retired)
Simon Says Stamp Giving Thanks
Stampin' Up inkpads in Calypso Coral, Baked Brown Sugar, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip
My Favorite Things Heavyweight Cardstock in Sweet Tooth
Neenah Solar White 80#lbs cardstock
3M Scotch Double-sided Foam Tape

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found us. Your geometrical trees are awesome and I LOVE that sentiment. Perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kylie! It's a really fun challenge, and I just had a blast looking through my stamps for some fun geometric bits. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Elle, so different from your usual style but it is gorgeous!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really fun to explore a new style and I've been on a kick to do something different lately. :D

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful CAS card. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Margaret! It's my first attempt at a one-layer CAS card. I'm so glad it turned out well. :)

      Delete
  4. Love it! The colours, the design, the geometric elements, fab! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle! I'm so glad you like it. :)

      Delete