Saturday, August 23, 2014

Violin Gwen

It's Saturday! This means it's time for another card with a digi stamp.

Today, I'm playing with the absolutely gorgeous Violin Gwen digi from Some Odd Girl. We got a sneak peek at the stamp from the Odd Girl DT on the facebook group just yesterday, and I had to buy her straight away.

I started by printing the stamp onto some Copic X-Press it cardstock. I cut the image down to a rectangle and colored her in with my Copics. It took  me quite a while to decide what kind of color I wanted to go with for the bottom of the dress, but I finally settled on blue. I also added a fun dotted background. I found this technique on Delphine's blog initially, though I didn't go about it in quite the same way. I used grays and a touch of pink for the dots.

After the coloring was done, I trimmed the image a bit, since it was almost too large to fit onto a card.

For the base, I cut and scored a piece of MFT's Grout Gray cardstock in half to create a top-folding A2 card. While I had my trimmer out, I also cut a piece of patterned paper for the card background. I used Echo Park's Melody of Life mini paper pack, which went just perfectly with the theme and the colors of the card.

I used my mini blending tool and Broken China inkpad to go around the edges of the patterned paper and the stamp panel. This made both panels stand out a little better, and tied in with Gwen's dress. I adhered both the patterned paper and the stamp panel to the card base with foam tape.

Lastly, I added a few flowers to the upper right part of the card. I scattered a few pearls around it, and voila!

Supplies:
Some Odd Girl Violin Gwen digital stamp
Copic X-Press It Cardstock
My Favorite Things Heavyweight Cardstock in Grout Gray
Echo Park Melody of Life 12x12 mini pack
Ranger Mini Round Ink Blending tool
Ranger Distress Inkpad in Broken China
3M Scotch Double-Sided Foam Tape
Prima Flowers Bloom collection (grey)
Prima Flowers Seashore collection (blue)
Copics: Skin (E00, E11, E13, E15, R20, R32, 0), Eyes (YG41, YG45), Violin (BV11, BV25, BV29, E33, E18, E29), Hair (Y21, E33, E25, E27, Y35), Dress (B00, BG01, B02, BG07, BG49, BV11, BV25, BV29), Background (C2, C4, RV11, 0)

4 comments:

  1. The first things which strikes me about your cards is....wait for it...your AMAZING colouring! The dress is just STUNNING! STUNNING!! You're amazingly talented, Elle! I am so going to boast that "I knew you when..." when you've taken over the industry. :) At the risk of sounding repetitive..and I don't care...lol STUNNING!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Kylie! Thank you so much. And you know, I totally feel the same way about your cards. They're so gorgeous!

      I'm really happy with the coloring. It was surprisingly quick, too! I think all this coloring practice is making me oodles better at coloring. :D

      Delete
  2. This is just gorgeous! WOW! Thanks for joining Some Odd Girl and participating in our August Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melissa! Glad you like it. :)

      Delete