Friday, August 22, 2014

For Teacher

Today, I've got a couple of cards to share!

There's something so exciting about a new school year - from shopping for supplies, to meeting new friends and getting to know your teacher. Speaking of teachers, we're getting brand new teachers this year, so I decided to create a few teacher cards.



I'm using two adorable school-themed images from Pollycraft's Brains and Sparky - both of which were bought from C.C. Design's website.

I started by stamping the images and coloring them in with my Copics. Since I knew I'd be using a fun school patterned paper as the background, I kept the stamped images very simple and only scribbled in a shadow under the feet. I cut the images to a rectangle that measures 3 1/2 by 2 1/2"and set them aside while I worked on the rest of the card.

For the base, I made a standard top-folding A2 card by cutting and scoring MFT's Brick Red cardstock ink half to measure 4 1/4 by 5 1/2". I also decided to mat the colored images and the sentiment in the same cardstock, so I cut a couple more panels.

I decided to use one of the lovely new Simon Says Stamp's teacher dies. I used it on a piece of Slate cardstock. Since the die is delicate and thin in some parts, I used a metal adapter to make sure it would cut out perfectly.

The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye School Daze 6x6, and I trimmed it to measure 4 by 5 1/4".

Last step was to assemble the cards. I adhered the patterned paper to the base with my standard dot adhesive. I matted the stamped image onto the cardstock, and adhered it to the card with foam squares. I adhered the "teacher" diecut with spots of Tombow glue, then matted it to the brick cardstock and adhered to the card with foam squares.

And that's all there was to it!

Supplies:
Pollycraft Brains stamp (from C.C. Designs)
Pollycraft Sparky stamp (from C.C. Designs)
My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink in Black Licorice
My Favorite Things Heavyweight cardstock in Brick Red
Copic Marker Mini Paper 70#lbs
Simon Says Stamp Heavyweight Cardstock in Slate
Simon Says Stamp Teacher die
My Mind's Eye School Daze 6x6
Copics
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Tombow dot adhesive (pink)
Tombow Mono-Multi Liquid glue

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! Perfect colouring! Love the design too and the colours - you always choose the best colours. Your teachers are going to LOVE such a thoughtful and creative card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie!

      I love seeing how people use color. There have been quite a few cards with color combinations that I would have never even considered -- like bright pink and yellow -- and yet it just works. It's so interesting because it's not at all a scientific approach. You just play around with different colors and end up with something incredible. :)

      Delete