Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Topsy Birthday

Today's card features a digital stamp designed by my friend Paola, from My Whimsical Little World. The minute I saw this adorable topsy-turvy cake, I just knew I had to make a birthday card with it! How adorable are the 3 tiers and the loopy, whimsical decorations?!

After picking out a good size, I printed the stamp onto some Copic X-Press it blending paper. I colored it in with my Copics. I initially wanted to go with some really crazy colors, but in the end, decided to go with favorite flavors: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and caramel. I colored the bow and little round decorations in minty colors for some extra contrast.

Once the image was colored, I cut it down into a rectangle and rounded the corners with the 1/4" corner chomper. I adhered it onto a piece of Bazzill's Fawn cardstock. I also rounded the corners with my corner chomper.

I really liked the colors I used for the stamp, so I decided to carry them over to the rest of the card. I created a standard A2 card base out of kraft cardstock, then I grabbed a piece of coral cardstock and a doily patterned paper from the Basic Grey Paper Cottage collection. I cut the coral cardstock to 4 by 5 1/4" and the patterned paper to 3 3/4 by 5".

I decided to use some gorgeous tan satin ribbon, so I tied it around the middle of the patterned paper. I matted the patterned paper onto the coral cardstock with foam adhesive, then adhered the entire panel to the card base. I added the birthday cake panel to the card front with foam squares.

Lastly, I scattered a few coral enamel dots to complete the card.

Supplies:
My Whimsical Little World Birthday Cake digital stamp
Neenah Desert Storm Environmental Cardstock in 100#lbs
Stampin' Up Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock
Basic Gray Paper Cottage 6x6 patterned paper
Copic X-Press it blending paper
Scrapbook Adhesives 3D foam squares
Tan satin ribbon
Freckled Fawn Pinks enamel dots
Copics (R11, R22, R35, E23, E37, E39, E81, E50, E33, Y32, YG41, YG45, R05, R46, R59, YR32, YR15, Y13, B000)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Elle! Your card is absolutely beautiful! The colors are wonderful and love the texture on the cake! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! It was a really lovely stamp to color. I'm looking forward to seeing what new goodies you'll have in store for us next! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Elle! Love the colour choices - but you will have to stamp up another one and do the "crazy" colours too. Super pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! Crazy colors would make for a fun card, too. :D

      Delete